League leaders Benfica host eighth-placed Boavista at Primeira Liga’s Estadio da Luz on Monday (February 20).
The hosts are on a four-game winning streak in the league. Goals from Joao Mario and Alexander Bah helped Benfica beat Casa Pia 3-0 at home a fortnight ago. He continued his form in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday, winning 2-0 at Club Brugge. Boavista, meanwhile, have not won in their last three league games and are coming close to a goalless draw against Casa Pia in their previous outing.
Benfica have a two-point lead over second-placed Porto and also have a game in hand, so they can afford to start a few key players from the bench.
Benfica vs Boavista Head to head and key numbers
- The two teams have met 101 times in competitions, with their first meeting dating back to 1959. As expected, the hosts dominated proceedings, leading 53-19.
- Benfica have won 18 of their last 21 Primera Liga games.
- The hosts are unbeaten in their last 18 home games against Boavista in different competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in eight of Benfica’s last ten League games, with the home side scoring at least twice.
- Benfica have scored at least two goals in nine of their last 11 games against Boavista in different competitions.
- The hosts are unbeaten at home in all competitions this season, winning nine of their ten league games.
- Benfica have the best offensive and defensive record in the Primeira Liga this season, scoring 51 goals and conceding just 12 in 20 games.
Prediction Benfica vs Boavista
Benfica have enjoyed a great run against Boavista, scoring at least two goals in their last nine league games at home. They have been solid defensively this year, keeping seven clean sheets in their nine games across the competition.
Meanwhile, Boavista haven’t won on their Primeira Liga trips since September and haven’t won at Benfica since 1999. With that in mind, the league leaders should secure a comfortable win.
Prediction: Benfica 3-1 Boavista
Benfica vs Boavista Betting tips
Tip 1: Result – Benfica
Tip 2: Goals: Over/Under 2.5 Goals: Over 2.5
Tip 3: At least one goal to score in the first half – Yes
Tip 4: Joao Mario to score or assist at any time – Yes