Porto will welcome Rio Ave to the Estadio do Dragao for a Primeira Liga matchday 21 match on Saturday (February 18).
The hosts are coming off a 2-1 win at Sporting Lisbon in last weekend’s marquee match. Mateus Uribe put the visitors ahead before Pepe put the Dragons two goals ahead in the fourth minute of stoppage time. Youssef Chermiti grabbed a consolation for Lisbon in the end.
Rio Ave, meanwhile, took maximum points with a 2-0 home win over Estoril. Andre Pereira opened the scoring from the spot 20 minutes into the second half before Joao Graca made sure of the result five minutes from stoppage time.
With the victory, the Vilacondense team climbed to 11th place in the standings, with 24 points in 20 games. Porto, meanwhile, is in second place with 48 points, five points behind league leaders Benfica.
Porto vs Rio Ave Head to head and key numbers
- The two teams have met on 48 previous occasions, with Porto leading 35-2.
- Their most recent meeting, in August 2022, saw Rio Ave claim a shock 3-1 home win on matchday four of the current campaign. This ended their 38 game winless run against the Dragons since 2004.
- Porto are 21 games without a win in different competitions, winning the last nine.
- The hosts have scored at least two goals in seven of their last nine games between competitions and have kept a clean sheet in eight of their last ten competitive games.
- Rio Ave’s win over Estoril snapped a six-match league winless streak.
Prediction Porto vs Rio Ave
Porto look determined to push Benfica all the way as they look to defend their league crown. Sergio Conceicao’s side have been in good form and are unbeaten in their last 21 games between competitions.
The Dragons are coming off a morale-boosting win against Sporting Lisbon. They will also be keen to avenge their shock loss in the reverse fixture against Rio Ave.
The hosts should claim a routine win and also keep a clean sheet.
prediction: Porto 2-0 Rio Ave
Porto vs Rio Ave Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Port to win
Tip 2: Both teams score: No
Tip 3: Under 2.5 goals
Tip 4 – Result at half time/full time: Porto/Porto