Textiles: Impetus takes full control of Edaetech and strengthens its presence in engineering

The IMPETUS Group announced this Thursday the acquisition of full control of Edaetech, a national engineering company that combines areas of competence in innovation, technology and manufacturing. The Figueiredo family group therefore strengthens “its commitment to sectors that extend beyond the textile industry”, says the management in a statement.

Impetus, which develops its collections with 3D modeling, already controlled 40% of the capital and has now acquired the remaining 60% of the company it joined in 2002.

For Edaetech, with its headquarters in Esposende, now begins “a new cycle that will aim to strengthen its market position and global commitment to all business partners, benefiting from a strong, solid shareholder structure committed to the future” , said the statement, without specifying the value of the transaction.

With a turnover of around 50 million euros (+25% than in 2021), Impetus concentrates 35% of sales in its own brand and now, with this acquisition, has more than a thousand employees and a dozen companies in different areas , the core business in the textile industry, bringing together areas such as real estate, insurance, pharmaceuticals and engineering.

The group created in 1973 by Alberto Figueiredo, Barqueiros, with six people, four machines and the “one of the most complete integrated vertical structures in Europe, supported by several departments, which R&D, Design, Quality and Logistics include”. focusing on underwear, the portfolio has expanded to other segments such as technical textiles, including workwear, with and without sewing, he believes it “perfects its structure”, guaranteeing flexibility and responsiveness to customers.

One of the last launches of the group dominated by the textile business was the ProtechDry line, dedicated to 100% cotton underwear created to respond to the pathology of light incontinence with a patented technology and tested by different institutions in the health area.

This measure is part of a global innovation project, developed in collaboration with the University of Minho with the aim of developing innovative technical products that seek to respond to specific problems of certain consumer niches.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top